During your you will have been given advice on:
* Your personal constitution (exercise, daily routine, diet, etc.)
* Ayurveda herbal remedies
* Or a treatment in the Maharishi Ayurveda Health Centre
Treatment at home
Home treatment involves putting into practice the advice you have been given and to take any herbal remedies. This can take from 6 to 8 weeks. Thereafter we will discuss the effects of the therapy and decide on the next course of action. Telephone support during home treatment is available. The home treatment can also serve as preparation for a detox treatment in the Maharishi Ayurveda Health Centre in Lelystad.
Treatments in the Maharishi Ayurveda Health Centre.
The Maharishi Ayurveda Health Centre offers panchakarma (detox) treatments, special treatments or 'wellness' treatments:
1. Panchakarma detox treatment
Panchakarma purifies the body of accumulated toxins and waste products (ama). It is a very thorough and intense treatment and will last for a minimum of 8 days up to 10, 12 or 14 days.
A panchakarma treatment should not be taken lightly. It is highly recommended that you take time off work. It will be worth it though: the effect is long lasting and will prevent many ailments. You should consider it a holiday for your health.
Panchakarma comprises a pre treatment at home, a main treatment in MAG and an after treatment at home. During the main treatment you will receive daily:
* Abhyanga (oil massage)
* Swedana (steam bath) or other heat treatment
* Basti (intestinal cleanse)
2. Special treatments
For specific ailments, I will recommend different treatments. These treatments are not a part of the panchakarma treatment. They can be added to the panchakarma or booked as a separate treatment.
These extra treatments could be:
* Nasya (cleansing of the sinus cavity)
* Shirodara (calming treatment where warm oil is poured onto the forehead)
* Takradara (calming treatment where lassi is poured onto the forehead)
* Netratarpana (soothing eye bath)
* Hridbasti (treatment for the heart and emotions)
* Shirobasti (calming treatment for the head)
* Garshan (massage with raw silk gloves)
* Pizzichilli ('royal' oil massage)
* Udvartana (peeling)
* Vishesh (firm massage)
* Kalari-massage (intense sports massage from the Kalari tradition)
* Aromatherapy (treatment with essential oils)
3. Wellness treatments
These are single massages, such as abhyanga or vishesh. It is possible to have treatments lasting up to 3 days without an Ayurveda consultation. A personal consultation is needed for treatments lasting more than 3 days in order to choose the treatments that are best suited to you. This could entail a full consultation, or a short consultation which only aims to advise on the treatments that are to be given.
Would you like more information about the treatments or the consultation in general, please do not hesitate to contact us.
© Copyright for the entire website GJ Gerritsma 2014